Delicious Chicken and Honey Recipe You Can Set and Forget
Crockpot meals are becoming more and more popular as our families become busier and the time to cook a full meal becomes less and less. Chicken in the crockpot is often a family favorite and can be made a number of different ways with flavors that appeal to all taste buds. Many people enjoy the taste of something sweet with their chicken and this is a great place to use Manuka honey in your cooking. This recipe for slowcooker chicken and honey is the perfect combination of savory and sweet that you and the entire family will enjoy – not to mention the carrots, green beans and potatoes are delicious too!
Ingredients for Slowcooker Chicken and Honey
- (8) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 16 oz. baby carrots
- 16 oz. halved red potatoes
- 16 oz. trimmed green beans
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup Blue Borage honey
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. chopper parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
Directions for Slowcooker Chicken and Honey
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, honey, ketchup, oregano, basil and red pepper together in a large bowl. Mix well until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Prepare a 6 quart slow cooker for cooking. Place the chicken thighs, baby carrots, halved red potatoes, trimmed green beans and the soy sauce mixture in the slow cooker and stir together until well incorporated.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and allow the chicken thighs to cook on the low heat setting for 7 to 8 hours. You can also cook chicken thighs on the high heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Make sure to baste the chicken with the drippings about every hour to keep the chicken moist and to stop it from sticking.
- Once cooked, the chicken thighs can be served immediately with baby carrots, red potatoes and green beans on the side.
- Garnish the entire dish with parsley and enjoy!
Additional Cooking Option:
- Once the chicken thighs have been cooked through, arrange them in one layer on a baking sheet.
- Set the oven to a high broil and cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes in order to achieve a crispy outer crust.
- Serve with baby carrots, potatoes and green beans and enjoy!
The cost of Manuka honey can often prevent people from using it in their daily cooking. What most do not know, is that Blue Borage honey gives you all the taste benefits of Manuka honey at a much lower cost. If you would to learn more about Blue Borage honey or would to purchase some, click here.