Chicken Fajita Grill with Manuka Honey Corn Cakes
If you’re looking for a different meal with some spice, flavor, and culture, this Chicken Fajita Grill with Manuka Honey Corn Cakes recipe is what you’ve been waiting for! Combining flavors like cumin, cayenne pepper, lemon, and the New Zealand-originated Manuka honey, this dish provides a healthy option for lunch or dinner for up to four people (though once anyone you know gets a bite of this dish, you’ll be doubling the recipe in the near future in order to feed more). The sweet and spicy blend forces your taste buds to experience new sensations, and you will not feel sorry for taking that leap of faith!
This dish does require marinating time for the chicken, which takes a good 8-10 hours, but with a little planning and a little patience, you’ll be blessed with a meal you want to try again over and over. Let’s get started!
Ingredients for Chicken Fajita Grill with Honey Corn Cakes
1 to 2 lemons
1/4 cup Manuka honey
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless chicken breasts
sliced red pepper, optional
citrus slices, optional
Manuka Honey Corn Cakes:
1/4 cup Manuka honey
2 cans (15.25 oz. each) corn kernels, drained
1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions for Chicken Fajita Grill with Honey Corn Cakes
- Grate lemon until you get 2 teaspoons of lemon peel. Squeeze to get 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Mix lemon peel and juice with the Manuka honey, cumin, salt, and cayenne.
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl. Pour mixture over chicken, turning breasts to coat; cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours.
- Place chicken over medium-hot coals or under broiler on foil-lined pan. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, basting with marinade, or until cooked but not dry.
- Halve, seed, and skin the avocados. Slice lengthwise. Slice chicken breasts crosswise.
- The Corn Cakes: Combine all corn cake ingredients. Heat skillet lightly coated with olive oil to medium temperature. Pour 1/3 cup portions of the corn cake mix into skillet and cook for about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve marinated chicken with avocado slices and the Manuka honey corn cakes. Garnish with cilantro, sliced red bell pepper, and citrus slices if desired.
- Recipe yields 4 servings. Enjoy your chicken fajita grill with Manuka honey corn cakes!
Copyright: rez_art / 123RF Stock Photo