Grilled Chicken Salad w/ Manuka Honey Jalapeno Vinaigrette
If you’re looking for a solid healthy meal that maintains flavor alongside nutrients, then look no further than this grilled chicken salad with homemade Manuka honey jalapeno vinaigrette! With solid doses of protein and plenty of vitamins thrown it, this recipe provides many of one’s daily needs without even causing one to think about nutrition (because the combo of Manuka honey, jalapeno pepper, lime, garlic, and Monterrey Jack has the person a little distracted). The dressing requires some time in advance—at the very least 30 minutes—but beyond that, this recipe is simple to take on and requires the most basic of cooking skills, meaning one need not feel challenged by this recipe’s size.
Requiring no more tools than a solid blender, a good set of knives, and a source of heat, this meal will leave you wanting more than one serving, though it is also perfect for a family meal or a group of six. So, get to cooking and enjoy your meal!
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken Salad w/ Manuka Honey Jalapeno Vinaigrette
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4 oz. each
9 cups lightly packed baby spinach
1 ½ cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
3 slices crisp cooked thick bacon, crumbled
3 small tomatoes, each sliced into 4 wedges lengthwise
Manuka honey jalapeno vinaigrette, divided (recipe below):
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 large garlic cloves, quartered
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup Manuka honey
2/3 cup vegetable oil
Directions for Grilled Chicken Salad w/ Manuka Honey Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- For Manuka Honey Jalapeno Vinaigrette: process vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. With blender running, add Manuka honey, and then the vegetable oil—mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and add ¾ cup Manuka honey jalapeno vinaigrette. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Once enough time has passed, drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Cut chicken across the grain into ½ inch-wide strips. Put 1 ½ cups of spinach on each of six serving plates. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette.
- Top each with chicken strips, ¼ cup cheese, and crumbled bacon. Garnish with two tomato wedges and drizzle 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette on top.
- Entire recipe yields 6 servings—now go ahead and enjoy!