Spring is here… and summer is soon to follow! That means lots of farmer’s markets and fresh fruit all the time! Now, I don’t know about you, but there is nothing I love better during the summer than fresh fruit served a million different ways for dessert.
One of the best aspects of using fruit desserts is they often require very little skill or preparation to make them. The only challenge you really face is in making them look “classy” so everyone thinks you worked a lot harder to make the dish than you actually did.
Frozen Berries with Cream and Raw Honey
You can make this without freezing the berries, but when you freeze them, the cream gets iced when you pour it over the fruit for that WOW that we want to give your dinner guests. You don’t have to have a lick of culinary skill to pull this one off.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- Combine all the berries into a large bowl and give them a quick stir so they are well mixed
- If you have glass dessert cups, great, but if not, you can use rocks glasses or regular glass bowls
- Put one cup of the mixed berries into each dish and stick them in the freezer
- After dinner is cleared and everyone is ready for dessert, pull the dishes out of the freezer and immediately pour ¼ cup heavy cream over the berries in each bowl (watch that cream turn to ice right before your very eyes). In addition, the glass bowl will have frost on it to make the dessert look truly spectacular.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of the raw honey over the berries and serve immediately
Summer Fruit Salad with Raw Honey and Vanilla
This delicious recipe can be used as a dessert or even a side to accompany those BBQ ribs you love so much during the summer. It is another recipe that is quick and easy to make but looks like you spent hours preparing it.
- 1 fresh peach
- 1 fresh nectarine
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup granola
- Cut the nectarine in half, remove the pit, do the same with the peach
- Slice each half into four slices
- Dice each slice up into four chunks
- In a medium bowl, combine all fruit and give it a quick stir to mix them up
- In a separate small bowl, combine honey and vanilla extract
- When honey and extract are combined, pour over fruit and toss until all fruit has some of the mixture on it
- Put ¾ cup of fruit mix into bowls, then top with dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of the granola
- Serve it up!
We know you are dying to make these recipes and probably only need some raw honey to get started. We want to help you and can get your order started as soon as you click here! And remember, if you order $150 or more, the shipping is on us!
Copyright: janecocoa / 123RF Stock Photo