A Delicious Dessert Using Honey!
When we think of honey, we think of sweetness and that goes hand in hand with dessert! Honey is a great additive for many different desserts as it gives natural sweetness to the dish. A decadent, sweet dessert that many people enjoy is cheesecake, and it is possible to infuse the right kind of sweetness into this creamy dish using honey. This Honey Cheesecake recipe is the perfect sweet dessert to end a meal and combines the sweetness of honey with the tartness of raspberries!
Ingredients for Honey Cheesecake:
– ½ cup full fat soft cheese
– 4 lemon shortbread biscuits
– 1.5 oz. double cream
– 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. manuka honey
– 1 tbsp. caster sugar
– ½ cup raspberries (divided into thirds)
Directions for Honey Cheesecake:
1. Place two 9 cm baking rings on two separate serving plates.
2. Place shortbread biscuits in a zip top bag removing as much air as possible. Seal the bag and crush using a rolling pin until they are an even texture.
3. Divide the crushed biscuits between the two rings. Press the crushed biscuit crumbles down into the base of the ring on the serving plate to form the cheesecake’s base.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the soft cheese and double cream. Adding the caster sugar and 2 tablespoons of honey, mixing well. Begin whisking the mixture together until it forms stiff peaks.
5. Carefully spoon cheese and honey mixture into each ring making sure not to mix it further and remove the air. Smooth the top of each cake using a flat knife or icing knife until they are flat and even.
6. Place cheesecakes in the fridge to chill and harden. This will take several hours.
7. Before serving, in a medium bowl, crush 1/3 of the raspberries. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of honey and mix until well combined. Gently fold in the remaining raspberries. Set aside.
8. When ready to serve, remove the cheesecakes from the fridge. To remove the metal rings, either run a knife along the inside edge of the ring or heat the sides of the metal rings with a blowtorch or hairdryer – this will help the rings to lift off the cakes easily.
9. Cut the cheesecake into serving sizes. Spread with raspberry mixture, serve and enjoy!
Need to buy some Manuka Honey so you can make this delicious cheesecake? Click here.