For those who are looking to try their hand at new types of desserts, these Manuka honey pistachio meringues are likely one you’ve not tried making yourself—or possibly even tasted! Combining flavors that may not seem perfect for each other at first, this dish asks experienced bakers to enjoy the ride and those with less experience to rise to the next level and find confidence in their abilities they may not have known about previously. It certainly helps that the contrasting and yet somehow complementary flavors make for one tasty dessert!
These meringues only require between one and two hours of your time, and the recipe itself makes between 10 and 12 individuals servings. So, if you think you are up for the challenge, let’s get started on these Manuka honey pistachio meringues as soon as possible!
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Pistachio Meringues
- 4 egg whites, large
- ¼ cup of Manuka honey, with 2 tablespoons for drizzling
- ¾ cup of castor sugar
- ½ cup of pistachios, chopped
- Macerated berries (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
Directions for Manuka Honey Pistachio Meringues
- Note: These meringues are wonderful by themselves, but there is also the option of serving them with whipped cream and macerated berries if you’re looking for something a bit more decadent.
- To begin, preheat your oven up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Using a bowl for a stand mixer, separate your egg whites and beat them until you see soft peaks starting to form. Add your castor sugar into the mixture in pieces, beating till the sugar has fully dissolved each time.
- Heat up the Manuka honey in your microwave for several seconds till it easily pours, and then add a narrow stream into the sugar/egg white mixture, beating for another two minutes. Now, move the meringue mix into a piping bag that has the appropriate fluted nozzle.
- Pipe the meringues onto a baking sheet that you have pre-lined with parchment paper. You should have enough for about 10 to 12 meringues. Once the piping bag is empty, bake the meringues for 1.5 hours, and then turn the heat off, allowing them to cool down in your oven.
- Take the rest of your Manuka honey and heat it in your microwave for several seconds to reach the right pouring consistency. Now, remove your cooled down meringues from your oven, drizzle some honey on them, scatter chopped pistachios on them well, and serve at your discretion.
Enjoy your Manuka honey pistachio meringues!
Copyright: lenyvavsha / 123RF Stock Photo