For many people, it can be a real hassle trying to find healthy snacks that are not only edible but are also relatively fair-priced and have a decent taste. However, rather than spending your hard-earned paycheck on health foods you may or may not enjoy, you can always rely on the ever-dependable Manuka honey to give you a delicious, healthy snack for those days when you need a little sweetness in your life. Fortunately for you, these Manuka honey roasted almonds fit the bill!
If your oven works, and you’ve got some raw almonds and a restocked supply of New Zealand’s best specialty honey, then you are already ahead of the curve. From there, you just need to follow our simple recipe and enjoy the fruits of your labor afterward. You don’t need to be an expert for this particular job (if you can avoid burning your almonds, you are set).
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Roasted Almonds
- 2 cups of whole, unsalted, and raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt or rock salt
- 3 tablespoons of Manuka honey
Directions for Manuka Honey Roasted Almonds
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit on the Bake setting.
- Using a saucepan, start warming up the Manuka honey, allowing it to liquefy slightly.
- Place the almonds into a medium-sized mixing bowl, and then pour the slightly more liquefied Manuka honey over them. Mix them up well until the almonds have a consistent coating of Manuka honey over them.
- After lining parchment on a baking dish, scatter your almonds carefully, slowly, and evenly all over the lined dish.
- Sprinkle either sea or rock salt on top of the almonds, baking them for about 20 minutes or until they reach the texture you prefer. Note: You will without a doubt need to remove your baking dish full of almonds every two or three minutes to shake and move the roasting almonds around, so as prevent burning or at least an excessive amount of it.
- Once this is completed, store the roasted almonds inside of an airtight container. Now, if you need to reach for a snack that is both sweet and tasty, you have a healthy choice waiting for you.
Copyright: maglido / 123RF Stock Photo