There are plenty of ways to slip fruit into your diet. Admittedly, though, not everyone always thinks of roasting as a preferred method of fruit consumption. However, it is definitely something everyone needs to try at least once! These roasted pears, made all the better thanks to Manuka honey, some well blended spices, and equally roasted (and delicious) walnuts, make for one recipe that’s hard to forget once you’ve tried it. Whether you make them as a main dish, an appetizer, an hors d’oeuvre, or even as a snack to hold you over until dinner, this recipe is one for the books and will not disappoint!
If you think this dish is one you need to try as soon as possible, check out our recipe below for roasted pears with Manuka honey and walnuts and let’s get it started!
Ingredients for Roasted Pears with Manuka Honey and Walnuts
- 4 pears, ripe
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of walnut pieces
- 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (can be flavored if preferred)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of Manuka honey
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- Freshly ground pepper for seasoning
- Tarragon for seasoning (optional)
Directions for Roasted Pears with Manuka Honey and Walnuts
- Before you start preparing your ingredients, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit using the Bake setting.
- To start, core your pears and then cut them in half using a sharp knife or a spoon.
- Melt the butter in a large enough casserole dish (13×9) for the pears in your oven.
- Place the pears into the dish with the cut sides down, roasting between 15 and 20 minutes or until a fork or a knife can be inserted easily.
- Flip the pears, add the walnuts into your casserole dish so they can brown, and drizzle roughly a ½ tablespoon of your balsamic vinegar over the pear halves.
- Roast the pears for an additional five minutes.
- Before you serve, add around 1 tablespoon of goat cheese into the pear halves’ centers, drizzling with Manuka honey and topping with one or two grinds of black pepper. Feel free to top with tarragon and toasted walnuts if you so desire. Serve your roasted pears warm or you can allow them to cool to room temperature. Enjoy your roasted pears with Manuka honey and walnuts!
Copyright: nikkiphoto / 123RF Stock Photo