Manuka Honey Apple Bread Pudding
Desserts fresh out of the oven are perfect for the fall season, and this is one you will definitely want to add to your go-to list of recipes. It is a Manuka Honey Apple Bread Pudding, and it is perfect for any occasion.
This dessert is a great way to impress your friends and family with your baking skills as the months get colder as well as keeping their bellies full and happy at the same time. This pudding can be great for parties, sick days, or just trying it out for the first time. Let’s get started!
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Apple Bread Pudding
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, ½-inch diced
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 6 cups stale Challah bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar for dusting
- 8 oz. Manuka honey, warmed
Directions for Manuka Honey Apple Bread Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On medium heat, melt butter and sauté apple pieces in a large pan. Add 2 tbsp. of sugar and cook the apples until they are tender, which takes around 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the bread with the melted butter. Place on a baking sheet and toast for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the warm bread in the Manuka honey.
- Reduce the oven heat to 325 degrees. Beat the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon, and salt together until well blended.
- Combine the milk and heavy cream in a pan, scalding over medium-high heat. Stir the egg mixture in slowly and add the vanilla extract. Strain the custard through a mesh strainer.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish and place the bread cubes loosely in the bottom of the dish. Scatter the apples on top of the bread. Pour the strained custard over the bread and apples.
- Let this soak at room temperature, gently pressing the bread into the milk occasionally, for at least 1 hour. Then, place the baking dish into a large roasting pan and pour about 1 inch of hot water into the roasting pan.
- Bake the pudding for 45 minutes or until the edges of the pudding are set, the top is golden, and the center still jiggles slightly. Drizzle the Manuka honey and powdered sugar generously onto the pudding and serve.
- Enjoy your Manuka Honey Apple Bread Pudding!
Copyright: zigzagmtart / 123RF Stock Photo