Manuka Honey Champagne Fondue
If you are looking for a flavorful snack you have never had before and may never have otherwise, then you should give this Manuka Honey Champagne Fondue a try! A cheesy dipping sauce with a mixture of garlic, shallot, lemon juice, spices, Manuka honey, and other ingredients, this dish invites the palate to engage in tastes it’s never experienced before, expanding its horizons the way our minds do every time we learn something new. As one of the easiest high end appetizers or snacks you can make, you will likely want to try it with crusty bread like French or Rye, apple slices, carrots, or steamed broccoli—and considering how these complement the fondue perfectly, that should speak to the specific flavor of Manuka Honey Champagne Fondue.
This recipe serves two and should be kept warm in a pan on a stove or a fondue pot while being served, otherwise the fondue will solidify. So, if you’re ready to try something new, let’s get started!
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Champagne Fondue
16 oz. Swiss or Gruyere cheese, shredded
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1-1/4 cups brut (dry) champagne or sparkling white wine
1/3 cup Manuka honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Pinch of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Directions for Manuka Honey Champagne Fondue
- Toss cheese with cornstarch and dry mustard to coat; set aside.
- In a heavy pan or fondue pot over medium heat, melt about 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Sauté shallot and garlic until soft for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add champagne (or sparkling wine) and bring to a boil.
- Slowly, add previously set aside cheese mixture a little bit at a time, stirring constantly until cheese melts.
- Stir in Manuka honey and lemon juice—stir until smooth and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes more.
- Season with nutmeg and white pepper.
- Serve immediately while warm, and keep fondue warm for best taste and texture.
- Serving Suggestion: For dipping, try crusty bread cubes (French, Rye, Pumpernickel), Granny Smith apple slices, carrots, and/or steamed broccoli.
- Yields 2 servings, so go ahead and enjoy!