Coming up with new meal ideas every night can be both tedious and difficult all at once, with the latter especially being the case for those whose cooking abilities are more on the amateur side of the spectrum. However, cooking dinner doesn’t have to be an uphill battle—it can be as easy as a walk in the park, and this recipe for Manuka honey-turmeric vegetables is one surefire way to keep dinner simple but delicious enough to impress the whole family!
Fortunately, this dish only requires two major sections of prep work—cutting several pounds of fresh vegetables and making a glaze that’s made all the sweeter thanks to pure Manuka honey. Even if you haven’t cooked this many vegetables all at once before, your oven will do all the heavy lifting for you, making this the perfect dish for relatively new cooks. If you think you’re ready to try it, let’s get started on those Manuka honey-turmeric roasted veggies.
Ingredients for Manuka Honey-Turmeric Roasted Veggies
- 1 pound of small carrots, cut lengthways and washed
- 1 pound of small parsnips, cut lengthways and washed
- 1 pound of small beets, cut in fourths and washed
- 1 bunch of radishes, cut in halves and washed
- ¼ cup of olive oil, extra virgin
- A handful of thyme sprigs, fresh
- 3 tablespoons of Manuka honey
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
Directions for Manuka Honey-Turmeric Roasted Veggies
- Before you do anything else, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large-enough mixing bowl, toss the carrots, the parsnips, the beets, and the radishes with a single coating of olive oil. Once coated, season the vegetables with black pepper and salt.
- Spread the veggies out on a cookie sheet in an even, single layer before scattering the thyme sprigs on top. Roast the vegetables for about 30 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, stir the Manuka honey, the turmeric, and the cumin together in a small bowl.
- After 25 minutes, you need to remove your roasted veggies from your oven and drizzle them with roughly three quarters of the Manuka honey-turmeric glaze. Now, roast the vegetables for the remaining five minutes.
- In order to best serve your roasted veggies, place them on warm dinner plates, drizzling as much of the remaining Manuka honey-turmeric glaze as you see fit. You can also sprinkle sesame seeds onto the vegetables. Note: You should have between eight and ten servings in total.
Need to order some Manuka honey so you can enjoy this delicious recipe? To get your order started, click here. And, remember, we offer FREE shipping on all orders of $150 or more!
Photo By vanillaechoes