Being as small as they are, it can be difficult to provide hamsters and similar pet rodents with treats other than the ones found at your local pet store. However, your hamsters deserve treats just like any other good pet, so, if you’re looking for affordable pet treat recipes, you need to check out this recipe for peanut butter Manuka honey hamster treats as soon as possible!
Not only will your hamster love these tasty treats, which use Manuka honey instead of regular sugar, but they can enjoy them while you spend very little to make them possible, requiring only three key ingredients and less than an hour of your time with any given batch. So, if you think you’re ready to give your hamsters something to look forward, then let’s get started on these peanut butter Manuka honey treats!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Manuka Honey Hamster Treats
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons of raw Manuka honey
- 1 cup of Cheerios, plain
Directions for Peanut Butter Manuka Honey Hamster Treats
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit on the Bake setting. Using a large spoon, crush your cup of plain Cheerios before placing them in a medium-sized, oven-safe bowl (a glass Pyrex bowl would be best).
- Mix in the peanut butter with the crushed cereal and stir everything until you have formed a consistent mixture.
- For an extra, more-inclusive taste, add the Manuka honey to the mixture, stirring until the honey has mixed well with your other ingredients.
- Place the mixture into your preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Once you have taken your mixture out of your oven, scoop out little balls with a teaspoon onto a baking sheet or onto a plate.
- Place the treats into your freezer for around 20 minutes, so they can harden. With that, you can serve the treats to your hamsters at your discretion.
- You can store the treats in an airtight container for up to two weeks or freeze them for up to three months. Just allow the treats adequate time to defrost before you serve them to your hamsters, as hard treats can be rough on their dental health.
- Note: Try to avoid overfeeding your hamsters these treats, and it’s important to remember they’re not meant to be used as substitutes for your hamster’s regular food, as this would deny them the nutrition they need to survive.
Photo By fotyma