Manuka Honey Ginger Salmon
If you’re looking for a healthy main dish for a family dinner one night, one that’s easy to make and rich in a flavorful marinade, then this Manuka Honey Ginger Salmon is the dish you won’t want to write off for a second! With a marinade created from ingredients like ginger, orange juice, garlic powder as well as the delicious, New Zealand gold mine Manuka honey, this blended array of flavor douses protein-rich salmon and soaks it through without saturating the meat or forming too much for the mouth to handle—it offers just enough to taste the unique flavor of salmon with the extra touch of the most exotic of meals.
Serving up to four people with one 1-pound salmon (which is why two is always better than one in this case), a single serving offers 24 grams of protein and a mere 162 calories, making it the best single piece of a many course meal. So, if you’re ready to get started, let’s do just that!
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Ginger Salmon
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons Manuka honey
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 green onion, chopped
1-pound salmon fillets
Directions for Manuka Honey Ginger Salmon
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes. Refrigeration: 30 minutes. Cooking Time: 15 minutes or less.
- In a small bowl, mix orange juice, soy sauce, Manuka honey, ginger, garlic powder, and chopped green onion.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Place the salmon in a large resealable plastic bag or a glass dish.
- Add the remaining marinade, and then turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate salmon for 30 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the marinade, discarding any that remains.
- Grill salmon over medium to high heat for 6 to 7 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- Nutrients Facts for 1 Serving (4 Servings Total): 162 calories, 24 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat (with 29 percent of calories from fat), 0.9 grams of saturated fat, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 53 milligrams of cholesterol, and 282 milligrams of sodium.
- Serve and enjoy!
Copyright: ivanmateev / 123RF Stock Photo