Starbucks may be the single most popular coffee in the world, and you pay for it. Some of their coffee drinks rival that of a top-shelf liquor at your local pub. Rather than spend your hard-earned money there, why not make it at home and back the extra cash for your next vacation.
We found a recipe that has hacked one of our favorite coffee drinks… the almond milk honey latte.
Ingredients for almond milk honey latte:
- 1 cup brewed coffee or espresso
- ½ cup almond milk for froth (can add more if you like)
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey (can use more if you want it sweeter)
Now, we realize most people probably do not have a proper cappuccino maker at home, so you are probably wondering how you are going to properly foam the milk. Well, if you have a mason jar and a microwave, you are in business. For our purposes here, we are going to assume you are going to have to go the microwave route.
- Brew regular cup of coffee (make sure you have a cup with plenty of extra room for the milk)
- Pour desired amount of milk into mason jar (leave enough space at top for froth)
- Put lid tightly on jar and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds
- Remove lid
- Put mason jar in microwave and “cook” for about 30-45 seconds (you will need to keep an eye on this depending upon the wattage of your microwave to ensure it does not boil over)
- Add honey to coffee and lightly stir to ensure it has been dissolved
- Pour milk into coffee, holding back the froth
- When all milk has been poured out, spoon out the froth to top off the coffee drink
**for best results, pour the frothed milk into a small picture, tapping it several times, then a gentle swirl to remove the big bubbles from the milk.
That is all there is to it. If you want to dress the drink up a little more, drizzle honey across the froth or sprinkle some coco dust on top (or anything else you like). This is a great hack for making the frothed milk, so you can pretty much make all your favorites by remembering this little microwave trick for the frothed milk.