Manuka Honey Soy Chicken with Lemon Broccoli
If you’re looking for a dish that will invite untold sensations into your life, then you need to try this Manuka Honey Soy Chicken with Lemon Broccoli. This chicken dish calls for a sweet-salty marinade made even more flavorful by garlic and a citrus zest, and nothing will please the family more than the chance to experience it for themselves. This recipe can feed a group of 4, but feel free to play with proportions if you’re expecting fewer or more people.
This recipe requires maybe 45 minutes of prep/cook time if you take your time, though to get maximum flavor into the meat it never hurts to let the meat marinate for a day in advance of cooking (if you don;t have time, don’t sweat it—10 minutes is all it takes). So, without further ado, let’s get started on this recipe you’ll want to save for future endeavors!
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Soy Chicken with Lemon Broccoli
- 3 pounds’ skin-on chicken legs, thighs, and drumsticks, separated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Zest of ½ orange
- Zest of 2 lemons, plus juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Manuka honey
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions for Manuka Honey Soy Chicken with Lemon Broccoli
- Total Time: 35 minutes. Serves: 4
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, toss chicken with garlic, a good pinch of black pepper, orange zest, and half the lemon zest. Rub seasoning all over the chicken.
- In a medium baking dish, mix soy sauce, Manuka honey, and lemon juice until the Manuka honey dissolves. Lay chicken in marinade, flesh-side down, and marinate at least 10 minutes (if marinating for more than 1 hour, make sure marinade doesn’t cover skin.)
- Remove chicken from marinade and transfer to a roasting pan, skin-side up. Lightly brush marinade over chicken, then transfer to the oven. Reserve marinade.
- Roast until just cooked through, which takes about 25 minutes. Brush chicken with marinade twice during roasting.
- Meanwhile, toss broccoli with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Place in a microwave-safe bowl and cover tightly with two layers of plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high until broccoli is tender but still has some crunch, which should take about 2-3 minutes. Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl. Top with remaining lemon zest.
- Serve broccoli alongside chicken. Drizzle chicken pan juices over top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Copyright: vitalinar / 123RF Stock Photo