Honey Chicken Pasta with Strawberries
Valentine’s Day is almost here and while out natural reaction is to take out sweetheart out to eat at their favorite restaurant, this may be the year to switch up this holiday routine. One of the most romantic things we can do for our loved one on Valentine’s Day is cook for them and enjoy a meal with them in a very intimate setting – your home! This act is something so simple that will truly show how much you care about them and wanted to do something nice for them even though it’s a lot of work.
But, since it is a special day, it may require a special recipe to really help make a great impression on your other half. This Honey Chicken Pasta with Strawberries recipe is something that has a romantic feel while still being unique and delicious. And did we mention this recipe is super simple for those “cooking challenged” individuals? Give this dish a try this Valentine’s Day and really impress your sweetheart!
Ingredients for Honey Chicken Pasta with Strawberries:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ lb. pasta
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. blue borage honey
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 oz. goat cheese (creamy)
- 1/3 lb. strung snow peas
- 1 lb. strawberries (quartered)
- ¼ cup chopped basil
Directions for Honey Chicken Pasta with Strawberries:
- In a large skillet, add water, chicken pasta, honey, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Turn the stove heat to high. Bring the contents of the skillet to a heavy boil. Once boiling, reduce heat of the stove to low and simmer the contents of the skillet.
- Simmer the contents of the skillet for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and tender and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Add 2 ounces of goat cheese, about half, to the skillet and stir until the cheese is melted and well incorporated with the other ingredients.
- Hull and quarter the strawberries.
- Add the strawberries, snow peas and basil and stir until well combined with the other ingredients.
- Continue to simmer the contents of the skillet until the strawberries and snow peas are just hot.
- Serve this dish topped with remaining goat cheese and enjoy!