Many people enjoy adding honey to their barbeque sauce recipe to add a hint of natural sweetness. Organic honey is often a popular choice, but it can be very expensive. Another alternative is using Blue Borage Honey – this type of organic honey has very high fructose levels to add sweetness to any dish and the added benefit is that it is much less expensive than some other organic honeys. Here are some great barbeque recipes using Blue Borage Honey that you should try for your next cookout.
Carolina Honey Barbeque Sauce
– 1 cup white vinegar
– 1 cup ketchup
– ½ cup Blue Borage Honey
– ½ cup molasses
– 1 tsp. liquid smoke
– ½ tsp. salt
– ¼ tsp. onion powder
– ¼ tsp. garlic powder
– ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
1. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add all ingredients to saucepan. Whisk ingredients together until you reach a smooth consistency.
3. Bring mixed ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer.
4. Simmer mixed ingredients over low heat, uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
5. Remove saucepan from heat and pour sauce into a serving bowl or over any meat dish.
Texas Honey Barbeque Sauce
– 1 sm. onion (chopped)
– 4 cups ketchup
– 2 cups tomato sauce
– 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
– 1 jalapeno (finely chopped)
– 2 tbsp. butter
– 1 tbsp. lemon juice
– 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
– 1 ¼ tsp. Blue Borage Honey
– 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
– 1 tsp. pepper
– ½ tsp. seasoning salt
– ½ tsp. salt
1. In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Once melted, add chopped onion and sauté until onion becomes translucent.
2. Add chopped garlic to sautéed onion and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Simmer on low heat for 30 to 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and stir vigorously to remove any large clumps.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl or pour over any meat dish.
6. Serve and enjoy!
In both of these barbeque sauce recipes, Blue Borage Honey is used in place of sugar to help add natural sweetness to the savory, smoky flavor. Not only does organic honey add additional flavor, it is also a healthier alternative to regular white sugar. These barbeque sauces are great for many meat dishes included pulled pork, pulled beef or even as a marinade for steak or pork chops. Next time you need a great barbeque sauce, why not try adding Blue Borage Honey to your recipe!
If these recipes sound good enough to eat, you can make them yourself by purchasing some Blue Borage Honey from ManukaHoneyUSA.com! To get your order started, click here.