The Healthier Candy Alternative
Many of us are trying to eat healthier and live a healthier lifestyle. But, when the infamous sweet tooth strikes, it can be hard to resist the candy, cakes, and cookies that our taste buds crave. While many people will give in to the craving, others will avoid and ignore the craving at all costs. But, what if there was a healthy middle ground? Luckily, it is possible to calm the sweet tooth craving with a healthy alternative that doesn’t involve any excess sugar or unhealthy carbohydrates.
Cinnamon and honey chickpeas are a great way to tame your sweet tooth without undoing your entire diet. These crunchy little peas are coated with a cinnamon and honey mixture that is still sweet without being overly unhealthy. This treat can be enjoyed right after preparing or can be stored away and at the ready whenever that elusive sweet tooth starts calling you to the unhealthy foods you don’t need.
Ingredients for Cinnamon and Honey Chickpeas
- 15 oz. organic chickpeas
- 1 tbsp. Blue Borage honey
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
Directions for Cinnamon and Honey Chickpeas
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet or baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Open the can organic chickpeas and drain the liquid using a colander. Place the chickpeas on a towel to completely dry.
- Spread the chickpeas out in a single layer on the lined cookie sheet or baking sheets. Place in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until they become crispy – make sure to test during the cooking process and, if they are still soft, bake for a longer period of time.
- While the chickpeas are baking, combine honey, olive oil, cinnamon, sea salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl making sure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and while still hot, add them to the bowl with the honey mixture. Toss the chickpeas in the mixture until well coated.
- Place the chickpeas back on the baking sheet and return to the oven for an additional 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove chickpeas from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container until serving.
If you would like to order Blue Borage Honey so you can make this delicious recipe, click here to get your order started.