A Delicious, Hand-Held Meal Using Blue Borage Honey
Since football season is in full swing, many of us are looking for easy, delicious handheld meals that we can share during parties and tailgating events. Barbeque is always a big hit, but slow roasting chicken, shredding by hand, and allowing it marinade for hours is simply too much work. A much easier alternative that will be just as loved is shredded chicken sliders. This recipe features the smoky taste of barbeque sauce paired with the sweet, earthy taste of Blue Borage honey. This simple slow cooker meal takes seconds to put together and the slow cooker does all of the work. This dish will be the center of attention the next time your family and friends get together to watch the big game!
Ingredients for Honey Chicken Sliders:
- 4 chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 oz. Italian dressing seasoning (1 packet)
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 14 oz. barbeque sauce
- 4 oz. Blue Borage honey
- 16 oz. coleslaw
- 1 – 1.5 cups coleslaw dressing
- Slide buns
Directions for Honey Chicken Sliders:
- Clean and prepare a slow cooker for cooking.
- Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker in a single layer.
- Add Italian dressing packet, mustard, barbeque sauce and Blue Borage honey over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Stir everything together until the chicken is coated and the ingredients are well combined.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, set to low heat, and cook for 6 to 7 hours (can also be cooked on high heat for 3 to 4 hours).
- Once cooker, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and finely shred.
- Place the chicken back in the slow cooker, mixing well, and replace the lid.
- In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw with coleslaw dressing and stir until well combined. If the coleslaw looks dry, add more coleslaw dressing.
- Set slider buns on a serving platter and remove the top buns.
- Top each slider bun with shredded chicken. Add coleslaw and replace the top buns.
- Serve with your favorite side and enjoy!
Isn’t that easy? Not only is this recipe great to bring along to a party or tailgate, it also makes a great, quick weeknight meal for those days when you have no time to cook. Simply put the slow cooker ingredients together in the morning, let it cook all day while you’re at work, and put the sandwiches together just in time for everyone to sit down and enjoy a family dinner together!
If you need to order some Blue Borage honey so you can make this delicious recipe, click here.