A Delicious Vegetable Recipe Using Honey
Honey is a very versatile ingredient that can be enjoyed in many different recipes. While we most traditionally use honey as a sugar substitute in baking, more and more people are discovering that honey also works well in a number of savory dishes. This Honey Green Bean recipe is quick and easy, not to mention a delicious way to eat healthy vegetables!
While we all know that green vegetables are good for us, it is often hard to make the taste exciting enough for us to want to eat them regularly. Green beans are a great source of Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, copper, calcium, Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, and protein. While all of these health benefits are great, the taste of them is not always appealing. By cooking vegetables in different ways, like this Honey Green Bean recipe, it is possible to get the health benefits of vegetables with great taste!
- 2 lbs. green beans (fresh and trimmed)
- 1 cup Blue Borage honey
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. ginger root (fresh and minced)
- Clean, trim, and prepare the green beans for cooking.
- Using a large pot, bring water to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add green beans to the boiling water and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until they turn bright green in color.
- Remove pot from the heat, drain green beans into a colander and rinse beans with cold water.
- In a large skillet, heat soy sauce over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger to the heated soy sauce until fragrant.
- Add honey, stirring until well combined, and cook until heated through.
- Add green beans to the skillet and toss beans until well coated.
- Continue to cook beans and honey sauce until the green beans are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer honey green beans to a serving bowl and enjoy!
This Honey Green Bean recipe would be great to pair with a red meat or chicken dinner for a healthy, green, crunchy kick! The best part about this recipe, aside from how simple it is, is that all of these ingredients can be lessened or increased based on your personal tastes! Too sweet? Dial back the honey! Love the taste of garlic? Add a little more! The dish is completely customizable to what you like!