Honey makes everything better and, in this case, what were already great recipes turn incredible with a little splash of honey.
Pancetta Crisps with Goat Cheese, Pear, and Honey
- 12 thin slices of pancetta
- Raw honey
- 1 Bartlett pear
- 4oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Cracked pepper
- Preheat over to 450 degrees.
- On a foil-lined tray, place pancetta slices in a single layer.
- Place pancetta in oven for eight to 10 minutes (should be crispy and golden brown in color).
- While pancetta is cooking, core the pear and cut crosswise into 12 thin rings.
- When pancetta is done cooking, transfer to paper towel to absorb any access fat.
- On each pear slice, place one piece of pancetta, top with goat cheese, then drizzle with the raw honey and top with cracked pepper to taste.
This is about as good as it gets, as the honey perfectly complements the creamy cheese and slight saltiness of the pancetta.
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds of baby carrots (leave the tops on)
- 2t olive oil
- 3T butter, (divided by T)
- 1/2t kosher salt
- 1/4t fresh cracked pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2T raw honey
- 2T bourbon
- 1T chicken broth (can substitute plain water)
- 1/2t fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat roasting pan in oven set to 500 degrees.
- Trim carrot tops but leave a small sprig of the greenery on top.
- In the preheated roasting pan, combine olive oil and 1T butter.
- After oil and butter are combined, add carrots, toss, then add salt and pepper to taste. Re-toss the carrots and allow to bake for 10 minutes.
- While carrots are cooking, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan.
- Add shallot and saute for about a minute until softened.
- Remove from the heat, then add honey, bourbon, and chicken broth.
- Turn heat up to high, bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for about five minutes (stirring often).
- After carrots have cooked for ten minutes, pour the sauce over the carrots in the roasting pan and re-toss to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Allow to cook for about five to seven more minutes until carrots are crisp and tender.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with thyme, and serve.
Photo via Student Mealz via Youtube Video Screenshot