A Delicious Seafood Stir Fry Using Honey
When we think about cooking with honey, we mostly think about all the amazing desserts we could create or even how great honey would taste with our morning toast. But, have you ever considered working honey into your dinner menu? Honey is a great way to natural sweeten any dish and does well with meats such as ham, pork, and chicken. Another great partner for honey is shrimp – to prove it, try this delicious honey stir fry recipe for your next family meal!
Ingredients for Honey Shrimp Stir Fry:
– 1 lb. shrimp (peeled and deveined)
– 3 bell peppers (assorted colors; sliced)
– 1 large onion (sliced)
– 1 cup orange juice
– ¼ cup soy sauce
– ¼ cup cornstarch
– 1 tbsp. raw Manuka honey
– 1 tbsp. sesame seeds (toasted)
– Black pepper
– Sea salt
– Olive oil
Directions for Honey Shrimp Stir Fry:
1. Prepare ingredients for cooking. Clean, peel and devein shrimp and set aside to drain. Slice bell peppers and remove the seed, veins, and stems. Slice into thin strips. Remove the outer layer of skin from the onion and slice into thin strips.
2. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the heated skillet. Coat damp shrimp lightly with cornstarch and place in preheated skillet. Cook shrimp until they are almost done, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside on a paper towel lined plate or platter.
3. Leaving skillet heated to medium-high, add sliced peppers and onion. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the vegetables start to get soft.
4. Add orange juice, soy sauce, and Manuka honey to the skillet with the peppers and onion. Increase heat of the skillet slightly and bring the ingredients to a boil.
5. Reduce skillet heat back down to medium high and return the shrimp to the skillet, stirring until all the ingredients are well combined. The honey sauce will begin to thicken. Cook the mixture until the shrimp are completely cooked through, an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Remove stir fry from heat and allow to cool slightly. Serve stir fry over white or brown rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
If you need some Manuka honey to make this incredible recipes, look no further than ManukaHoneyUSA.com! To get your order started, just click here.