National Honey Bee Day is now only a couple of days away, and what better way to celebrate it than with some delicious honey cocktails? All of these recipes are super easy to make, but you get to wow your guests as well as giving you a reason to share all your honey bee knowledge with your friends. After all, if you are supplying the adult beverages, the least they can do is let you rant on for a few minutes about the plight of the honey bee.
One of my favorite non-alcoholic drinks during the summer is lemonade, so it only stands to reason if we create a version that gives it a bit more punch, it will be perfect for those patio gatherings in the middle of the dog days of summer.
Honey Whiskey Lemonade
For this drink, you will want to choose a whiskey with a bit of a sweeter profile, like the Jack Daniels Honey or TX Whiskey, which has a natural vanilla/pecan taste profile to it.
- 5T whiskey
- 1/2c spring thyme lemonade (click here for recipe)
- 1T simple syrup
- 1T raw honey
- 2T fresh lemon juice
- Lemon peels and wedges
- Lemon thyme sprigs (garnish)
- Ice (as needed)
- Add ice, 1/2c lemonade, and whiskey to cocktail shaker.
- In a small bowl, mix simple syrup and honey (if raw honey is thick, warm it by putting jar in warm water to thin it out), then add to shaker.
- Add 2T lemon juice and stir.
- Pack two glasses with ice, topped with lemon wedge.
- Use strainer to pour mixture out of shaker into glasses.
- Garnish with lemon peel, lemon thyme sprigs, and serve.
*recipe via The Little Epicurean
Cranberry Apple Mule
This recipe is a nice twist on the traditional Moscow Mule that incorporates some of our favorite flavors of summer and of course, honey!
- 1t fresh lime juice
- 1/2oz apple-flavored vodka
- 1oz cranberry juice
- 1T raw honey
- 1 1/2oz whiskey
- Ginger beer
- 1 sprig fresh mint (garnish)
- Lime wheel (garnish)
Before we get started, realize it is not a mule unless is it made in a copper cup, so do yourself a favor and pick a few up before you make this recipe.
- In a cocktail shaker, add lime juice, apple vodka, cranberry juice, whiskey, and honey.
- Add a few ice cubes, then put lid on shaker and shake vigorously for about half a minute.
- Fill copper mugs with ice, then use strainer to evenly pour mixture into copper cups
- Top off drinks with ginger beer, stir, and garnish.
*recipe via Yummly
Need to order some raw honey to make these recipes? To place an order with Manuka Honey USA, click here. And, remember, we offer FREE shipping on all orders of $150 or more.