If you’re looking for a dessert that will most certainly blow you or any guests away, then you need to check out this raw honey-orange blossom cake!
Ingredients for Raw Honey-Orange Blossom Cake
- 2 sticks of softened butter, plus enough for greasing
- 1¼ cup of sugar
- 1 organic, unwaxed orange
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups of flour, self-rising
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 cups of ground almonds
- 1¼ cup of Greek yogurt
- 2½ cups of ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water
- ¾ cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 organic, unwaxed oranges, (washed and sliced thinly into rounds)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 ounces of chopped honeycomb, plus extra Raw honey to drizzle
- 3 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- Small amount of rose petals, edible
Directions for Raw Honey-Orange Blossom Cake
- For cake: Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, greasing butter onto three circular, nonstick nine-inch cake pans and lining with parchment paper. Place the entire orange into a small pan before using boiling water to cover it. Boil on high heat for about 20 minutes or until soft, draining the water afterward. Chop the orange and then blend it to a puree, setting to the side to cool down.
- Place the butter, the sugar, and the orange blossom water into a standing mixer, beating between five and six minutes till smooth. Add your eggs, blending one at a time, before pouring in the vegetable oil and blending again. Sift and stir your dry ingredients, gradually adding them into the batter and blending till incorporated.
- Mix in your orange mixture, dividing the batter between the cake pans and baking between 25 and 30 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool down.
- For filling: Place your filling ingredients into a bowl, beating until smooth. The mixture should be somewhat textured because of the ricotta’s grainy nature. Cover it and chill it in your fridge until it’s time to use it.
- For candied oranges: Set the sugar in a frying pan on high heat, pouring 1¾ cups of water in. Bring it to boil, cooking between five and six minutes and shaking occasionally till the sugar dissolves. Add your oranges and drop the heat down to medium, cooking for about 15 minutes on each side. Remove the oranges and shake the excess syrup off, laying the slices on some parchment paper for cooling. Save the syrup.
- While still in their pans, prick the cakes’ tops using a fork, spooning the previously reserved syrup on them. Leave them for another 20 minutes before removing them from the pans and setting them onto a wire rack.
- Assembly: Set one of your cakes onto a cake stand before smoothing over one third of your filling and topping with the second cake layer. Add one more third of filling before topping the last cake. Smooth your remaining filling on top of the cake before finishing with your honeycomb, the candied oranges, the rose petals, and the almonds. Drizzle with raw honey and then serve with a candied orange slice per serving, of which you should have 10.
Need to order some raw honey to make this recipe? To get your order started, click here. And, remember, we offer FREE shipping on all orders of $150 or more.
Photo By vanillaechoes