In case you haven’t heard, cauliflower has become the new superfood obsession, with many calling it the new kale and using it to replace potatoes in their diet. In addition to its serious nutritional profile, plenty of antioxidants, and a high dose of fiber, cauliflower also holds up in any type of cooking method you can come up with.
However, it’s best in one of its simplest forms, which is a classic roasted form. In such a form, cauliflower is a bit nutty, delicately sweet, and even meaty in its texture, and you’ll absolutely love it in this recipe with Manuka honey dressing and cashew tahini!
Ingredients for Roasted Cauliflower with Manuka Honey Dressing and Cashew Tahini
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of sumac
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- White grapes, as desired, halved
- Garnish: scallions, chopped parsley, and chopped cashews
Garlic Manuka Honey Dressing:
- 3/4 teaspoon of sliced garlic
- 1/2 cup of grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of Manuka honey
- 2 cups of roasted cashews
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Directions for Roasted Cauliflower with Manuka Honey Dressing and Cashew Tahini
- To begin, preheat your oven up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut up one head of cauliflower into florets, placing them into a bowl.
- Season the cauliflower using black pepper and kosher salt before tossing in olive oil. Set the florets on a large cookie sheet with the garlic cloves. While occasionally tossing, roast your cauliflower until it’s almost tender, which should take between 30 and 35 minutes.
- When the cauliflower has cooked through and is golden brown, you can remove it from the oven, place into a bowl, and toss lightly with the sumac and white grapes.
- Move the roasted cauliflower into a bowl, drizzling a good amount of the cashew tahini on top as well as some of your Manuka honey garlic vinaigrette.
- Garnish with the scallions, chopped parsley, and chopped cashews.
Garlic Manuka Honey Dressing:
- In a small-sized pot, combine the sliced garlic and grapeseed oil before bringing the oil up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit and roasting the garlic until it’s a golden-brown color.
- Add the dried chipotle to the mixture and remove it from the heat. Blend in the grapeseed oil concoction further. Combine with the remaining ingredients and allow it to cool completely.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the cashews in one layer on a cookie sheet, roasting in your oven for roughly seven to eight minutes or till a golden-brown color.
- With the cashews ready, remove them from the cookie sheet to cool. Place the cashews, the water, the garlic, the salt, and the lemon juice into a blender, blending till smooth.
- Slowly pour the grapeseed oil in and incorporate it thoroughly.
Need to order some Manuka honey to enjoy this delicious recipe? To get your order started, click here, and remember, we offer FREE shipping on all orders of $150 or more.
Photo By NatashaBreen