Just as with human beings, it’s usually better for dogs to consume fresh ingredients as opposed to food that’s far more processed. However, also as with human beings, eating healthy can get expensive, which is why home-cooked meals and snacks are so helpful. Making your own natural dog food can be a challenge, but if you’re looking to cut costs and give your dog something to enjoy at the same time, then you need to check out these Manuka honey dog biscuits as soon as possible.
Whether your dogs are puppies or seniors, these treats will not only make their mouths water, but they’re also easy to make and take only a few ingredients you likely already have laying around the house. So, if you think your dogs will appreciate the taste of some new treats, then let’s get started on those Manuka honey dog biscuits!
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Dog Biscuits
- 2/3 cup of whole wheat flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2/3 cup of porridge oats
- 1 ounce of butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of Manuka honey
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
Directions for Manuka Honey Dog Biscuits
- Preparation: 15 minutes. Cooking: 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit on the Bake setting, and then place baking parchment onto a baking sheet.
- Mix your dry ingredients and wet ingredients together in separate bowls before mixing them all together, making sure to knead it thoroughly.
- Roll out your dough to roughly a half inch thick. Due to the Manuka honey, the dough will be a little sticky, so be sure to flour your counter surface fairly well.
- Use cookie cutters of any design you prefer to cut your desired shapes out before placing the cookies on your baking sheet, leaving enough space between each biscuit. You should have roughly 20 biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 to 20 minutes or until they have developed a golden-brown color. After that, turn the oven off, but keep your biscuits inside the oven for about two hours to give them time to dry a bit more. Note: If your oven can hold its temperature for a long time, open the door slightly.
- If you’re interested in home remedies for your dog, consider adding a little fresh ginger to these biscuits if your canine suffers from arthritis, as ginger is said to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Copyright: neilld / 123RF Stock Photo