Honey can be a key part to any recipe, and a powerful one at that. This recipe is no different, especially if you enjoy honey and take pride in having a sweet tooth. The Manuka honey chocolate cake is simple to make and provides rewards for your troubles that are well worth the effort! It could very well become your new go-to chocolate cake for those special occasions or for when you feel like treating yourself. So, let’s learn how to make this savory cake, covered with cream and drizzled with Manuka honey, right here.
Ingredients for the Manuka Honey Chocolate Cake
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup + 4 teaspoons Manuka honey
- ¾ cup + 3 tablespoons whole almonds, skins on
- 10 eggs, yolks separated from whites
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
For the topping:
- 1 cup double cream
- 1 tbsp. Manuka honey, plus more for drizzling
- A pinch of salt
Directions for the Manuka Honey Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 335 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and line the base of a 9 to 10-inch round tin with parchment.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and break up the dark chocolate. Put these in a heatproof bowl, then set this over a pan of simmering water to melt, ensuring that the water does not touch the base of the bowl. Once the butter and chocolate have melted, remove the bowl from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir in the Manuka honey. Then, place the almonds in a food processor and blitz to a powder. Be careful not to take them too far because the almonds can release oil if you do.
- Add the almonds to the chocolate mixture.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture one after the other, mixing well after each addition.
- Put the whites in the bowl of a stand mixer with the salt and cream of tartar. Whisk mixture to soft peaks.
- Fold the whites and the chocolate mixture together, and then spoon into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes. The cake should show to have a slight wobble at its center. Try not to overbake it as the gooeyness would be lost in that case.
- Mix the double cream with 1 tbsp. of Manuka honey and the pinch of salt, and then whisk to soft peaks.
- Serve the cake topped with the cream topping and an extra drizzle of Manuka honey. Now, enjoy your Manuka Honey Chocolate Cake!
Copyright: belchonock / 123RF Stock Photo