If a dog is lucky enough to have a known birthdate, it’s equally great when their owner does something special for them on that special day. Your four-legged canine friend may not know their birthday from any other day, but they will certainly enjoy whatever extra treat you offer up for them, especially if it’s this Manuka honey coconut birthday cake!
This simple cake is made with a small number of healthy ingredients that should pair well with your pup’s digestive system, and it’s completely perfect for a yearly birthday celebration. If you think your dog would love this kind of treat, then let’s get started…
Ingredients for a Manuka Honey Coconut Cake
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of Manuka honey
- 1¾ cups of almond flour
- 3 eggs
- Plain, unsweetened yogurt (for the frosting)
Directions for a Manuka Honey Coconut Cake
- Prep time: 15 min. Cook time: 15 min. Cooling time: 5 min. Servings: 2.
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and then grease a pair of seven-ounce ramekins before setting to the side.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the coconut oil, the Manuka honey, and the eggs together. Stir the almond flour in until everything is completely absorbed.
- Distribute the batter among the ramekins and bake them until they’ve developed a light brown color and are firm when they’re pressed at the center, which should take between 15 and 20 minutes.
- Allow the cakes time to cool while still inside the ramekins, and then remove the cakes. Once they have reached room temperature, frost the cakes using plain yogurt and serve at your discretion. You can store the cake in your fridge for one to two weeks.
- Note: Given the high calorie count for this cake, try to hand out this birthday cake in pieces for your dog rather than forking it over in one fell swoop. However, if your dog takes the choice out of your hands and eats the whole thing (the cake is that good), you should probably avoid giving your dog too many extra treats for a few days, just to even him out and get him back to his regular diet.
- Total Nutrition: Calories: 1486; Total fat: 57 grams; Saturated fat: 41 grams; Cholesterol: 493 milligrams; Sodium: 202 milligrams; Potassium: 416 milligrams; Carbs: 203 grams; Fiber: 5 grams; Sugar: 36 grams; Protein: 40 grams; Vitamin A: 14.3 percent; Calcium: 13.1 percent; and Iron: 69.2 percent.
Photo By monkeybusiness