Okay, I admit it… I have an insatiable sweet tooth! Brownies are one of my favorite treats and blondies are just another version of those delicious desserts. This particular recipe is one of my all-time favorites because it is very easy to make some nut substitutions that will dramatically change the flavor profile of the dessert.
We are going to use peanuts and chocolate chips here, but you can mix and match different nuts as you like. For instance, I will often chop up some macadamia nuts for the peanuts and use peanut butter chips for what seems to be a whole new recipe. I have also used dried raspberries and blueberries for the nuts and used white chocolate chips.
Just play around with the different combinations until you find something you like. My guess is that you will come up with half a dozen different combinations that you absolutely love.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 cup Manuka honey
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 8×8 pan with tin foil (use non-stick if you can get it or non-stick spray)
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt
- Add Manuka honey and butter, mix well until all ingredients are combined
- Add vanilla extract and egg, mix well
- Add chocolate chips and nuts, mix well
- When all ingredients are well-combined, pour batter into baking pan
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting
If you want to add a little flare to the recipe, drizzle more Manuka honey before serving. These can be served at room temperature, but they are best when warm.
If you need to order Manuka honey to make this recipe, click here. And, remember, we offer FREE shipping on all orders of $150 or more.