Manuka Honey Hoisin Chicken with Stir-Fried Kale
For those who find themselves in the mood for good stir fry, this Manuka Honey Hoisin Chicken with Stir-Fried Kale is one you’ll want for the books! Blending together flavors in some of the easy ways cooking allows, this dish is the perfect quick, nutritious meal everyone needs during these busy times we call the holidays. In between working and spending time with family, it can be easy to lose track of everything, especially your diet if you find yourself unable to cook full meals. So, take a load off and get ready for one of the simplest “complicated” dishes you’ll ever make. You and your spirit will be happy you did.
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Hoisin Chicken with Stir-Fried Kale
Manuka Honey-Hoisin Marinade
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 2 heaping tablespoons fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Manuka honey
- 4 organic chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in for maximum flavor
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or rapeseed oil
- 2 pinches sea salt flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red cayenne chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 large bunch dinosaur kale, sliced into 1-inch pieces (tough ribs discarded)
Directions for Manuka Honey Hoisin Chicken with Stir-Fried Kale
- Prep Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cook Time: 30 minutes. Servings: 4
- Quick Tip: Try serving the final dish with some brown rice.
- Place all the ingredients for the honey-hoisin marinade in a ziplock bag, place the chicken thighs in the bag, close the bag, and give it a good mix. Marinade in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the chicken from the fridge, transfer into a glass baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken thighs are baking, prepare all the ingredients for the spicy green onion sauce and kale stir-fry.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add the peanut oil. Season the oil with sea salt flakes and then add in the garlic, ginger, spring onion, and chili. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable or chicken stock. Then, remove from the heat to retain the sauce’s flavor.
- Reheat the wok over high heat, add the dinosaur kale, and add a small splash of water around the edges of the wok to create some steam. Toss, cooking for 2 minutes until tender but still al dente.
- Then, toss in 1 tablespoon of the green onion sauce and toss well to coat (use the wok lid to help if need be). Spoon out a portion onto a serving plate with a serving of baked honey-hoisin chicken.
- Enjoy your Manuka Honey Hoisin Chicken with Stir-Fried Kale!
Copyright: noirchocolate / 123RF Stock Photo