Pecan, Oat and Manuka Honey Breakfast Bars
A lot of us have very busy mornings, which means having a balanced breakfast is not always an option. Since so many people have to grab food on the go, they often opt for the drive thru lane at the local fast food establishment, which is not good for their health or their wallet. Luckily, it is easy to make homemade breakfast bars right in your own kitchen that are not only healthy but inexpensive to make. Here is a great recipe for Manuka honey breakfast bars that are both delicious and nutritious.
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Breakfast Bars:
- 1 cup oats (porridge variety)
- 1 cup pecans (halved)
- 10 dates (chopped)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. Manuka honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter (melted)
Directions for Manuka Honey Breakfast Bars:
- Clean and prepare the oven for cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, dates, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, sea salt, maple syrup, Manuka honey, olive oil and melted butter. Mash all ingredients together using a fork until all are well combined.
- Using a small baking tray, either non-stick or lined with aluminum foil, spread the mixture over the bottom of the pan until the mixture is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice the breakfast bars and remove from the pan. Store in an airtight container.
Doesn’t this sound easy? These bars are packed full of great ingredients that will give your body the natural energy it needs to get through a busy work day. You can also make these bars in bulk and store them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag so they can be enjoyed throughout the entire week. These aren’t just a great breakfast food – these Manuka honey bars can be enjoyed throughout the day as an easy and healthy snack for you, your children, and your entire family. Next time you need an easy morning meal on the go, consider taking the time to make it yourself with a delicious breakfast bar!
If you need to order Manuka honey to make this easy and tasty breakfast bar, click here.