Manuka Honey Fig Dip with Blue Cheese and Garlic Pitas
There are some days when the only way you can see them ending involves a filling snack rather than a large, time-consuming meal. While large meals make for good, tasteful experiences, sometimes all you are in the mood for (or have the energy for) is a good cheese dip and some fresh pitas. That’s why you’ve got to try this recipe for Manuka Honey Fig Dip with Blue Cheese and Garlic Pitas at least once! While this snack may seem scary in terms of calories, just remember it is not an entire cheese plate, and it can certainly be shared with a group of friends and family, especially considering the powerful sensation of figs, Manuka honey, and various thrown together for this delicious dish.
It’s a flavor blend you may not expect to work, but through careful baking and a little faith, this savory snack will blow your mind with how good it is. Now, let’s get started!
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Fig Dip with Blue Cheese and Garlic Pitas
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened
8 oz. gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1 cup dried figs, chopped
3 tablespoons Manuka honey, plus more for drizzling
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 pita breads
freshly grated nutmeg
flaked salt for sprinkling
Directions for Manuka Honey Fig Dip with Blue Cheese and Garlic Pitas
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mascarpone, and gorgonzola with a spatula until creamy and combined.
- Fold in the figs and Manuka honey, stirring until evenly distributed and combined.
- Spoon the dip into an oven-safe bowl. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until warm and golden on top and bubbly. Top the dip with figs for presentation and a good drizzle of Manuka honey as well.
- While the dip is baking, heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and add garlic. Cook just until the butter is bubbling and then remove from the heat.
- Brush the pitas liberally with the garlic butter. Grate some fresh nutmeg over top, and then sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Slice each pita into 4 or 6 triangles, depending on their size. Place on a baking sheet and stick in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes until just warmed through and fluffy.
- Serve the fig dip immediately with the warm pitas.
- Enjoy your Manuka Honey Fig Dip with Blue Cheese and Garlic Pitas!
Copyright: rez_art / 123RF Stock Photo