For most people, their busy work and personal lives prevent them from taking part in hobbies and activities they enjoy in their free time. This can especially be the case for those who love baking but never seem to have the time for it, opting instead for whatever the nearest grocery store has to offer. Fortunately, for those who are looking for an easy, homemade treat to make for the whole family (or to have all to themselves), you need to check out these Manuka honey muffins as soon as you can.
To make a dozen of the best muffins you just might ever make, you’ll only need about 30 minutes of free time, a handful of simple ingredients, and enough room in your belly for far too many muffins. Now, if you think you’re ready for this great homemade treat, then let us get started on those Manuka honey muffins!
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Muffins
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 egg, large
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of Manuka honey
- 1 cup of milk
Directions for Manuka Honey Muffins
- Servings: 12. Total Time: 30 minutes.
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit on the Bake setting.
- Using a large-enough bowl, combine the sugar, the flour, the salt, and the baking powder.
- Using another, smaller bowl, combine the egg, the melted butter, the Manuka honey, and the milk before stirring into the dry ingredients until everything is just moistened.
- Fill either paper-lined or greased muffin cups about three quarters of the way full, and then bake between 15 and 18 minutes or till a toothpick or fork inserted into the center of the muffins comes up clean.
- Allow the muffins around five minutes to cool before removing them from the pan onto a ready wire rack. You may serve the muffins warm or at your discretion later.
- Freeze Option: If you wish, you can freeze your muffins, once they have cooled down completely, in re-sealable freezer bags. For later consumption, thaw the muffins at room temp or, if you prefer, microwave the muffins on a high setting between 20 and 30 seconds or till heated through.
- Nutritional Facts: 179 calories; 29 mg cholesterol; 5 g fats (3 g saturated fats); 31 g carbohydrates (1 g fiber, 15 g sugars); 242 mg sodium; 3 g protein.
Copyright: srapulsar38 / 123RF Stock Photo