Truffles are a decadent dessert many of us enjoy, but we often worry about what this sweet treat will do to our waistline. Luckily, there are some healthy truffle recipes out there and even some that are easy to make at home with things you may already have in your kitchen. This recipe for Manuka Honey Truffles is very simple to make in a short amount of time and features a number of healthy alternative ingredients to help you feel good about serving this dessert to family members and friends.
Ingredients for Manuka Honey Truffles:
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup Manuka Honey
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- ½ ounce ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions for Manuka Honey Truffles:
- In a food processor equipped with a metal blade (you can also use a high powered blender), combine rolled oats, Manuka honey, ground flaxseed, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. Pulse the mixture for one to two minutes until ingredients begin to combine but are not completely mixed together.
- Add peanut or almond butter to the food processor with the other ingredients. Turn on the food processer and allow it to run and mix the ingredients until they all have been well combined and the mixture has a breadcrumb like texture.
- Take one tablespoon of the mixture, place it in hand, and roll into a ball – the mixture will be crumbly but should stick together when rolled. If the mixture is too crumbly, add more honey and mix again in the food processor.
- Roll the mixture into one tablespoon balls until all of the mixture has been used.
- Store the truffles in an airtight container at room temperature and be sure to eat within a few days of making.
Isn’t that simple? And believe us, they are delicious too! These Manuka Honey Truffles would be the perfect dessert to bring to a holiday party or serve to family and friends during Christmas or New Year’s. Since the recipe is so easy to throw together, this is also the perfect dessert to make for those last minute invitations when you don’t want to show up empty handed. These will also hold for almost a week after making them, so don’t be afraid to make them ahead of time and bring them along.